Tonight is the first rehearsal for the Indianapolis Listen To Your Mother Show. To celebrate, those of us who blog have prepared a delightful little meme for you called…well, you already read the title, right?
So here we go. Prepare to bask in my mother’s wisdom.
- Life is better when furred creatures are around. Fill your house with pets and there will always be someone who loves you…even when you’re being completely unlovable.
- Eat your vegetables. Not just because they’re good for you, but because they taste good.
- Do a load of laundry every day. That way you’ll never get behind (although, in truth, I only know this in theory. I always have a massive laundry pile).
- Make time (and room) for a garden. Gardens feed your soul and ensure you always have something beautiful to look at (and a freshly weeded patch of dirt can, indeed, be beautiful).
- When in doubt, bake. No one’s ever sorry to see a plate of freshly-baked cookies coming their way.
- Spiders suck. Killing them should always be someone else’s job.
- Put your family first. Everything and everyone else can wait.
- Read. That’s how smart people get (and stay) smart.
- Vacations are necessary for a happy life. Especially vacations that involve sun, salt air, and palm trees.
- You are smart, beautiful, and gosh darn it, people love you. Try not to forget that. And when you do? Call your mom. She’ll remind you.
Hungry for more wisdom for, by, and about moms? Come to the Listen To Your Mother Show on May 2, 2013. Tickets are on sale now. They’re going fast, so get yours today!
And don’t forget to read these blogs for more lessons from our mothers: