Because Every Girl Needs a Pretty Dress (or five).

I do not understand the world’s fascination with jeans. I don’t.

They’re stiff. Bulky. The metal button digs into your belly after a while. The zipper straight up burns you if you pull them on out of the dryer. And nothing is more unforgiving when you gain a pound or five.

Give me a dress any day.

They’re cool and comfortable in the summer, allowing for better ventilation and less covered skin.

They’re soft and warm in the winter, especially when accompanied by some sweater tights and knee high boots.

They can make you feel sexy, clinging to every curve, or provide camouflage when you’re feeling less than confident.

They can go anywhere, do anything, and look good doing it.

Plus, it’s a one-and-done wardrobe decision, i.e. pure awesome sauce.

That’s probably why half of my summer wardrobe comes from Modcloth.

Some days I walk around looking like a piece of pop art.

ModCloth dress that's good enough to eat

Others, I revel in polka dots.

Hepcat dress from ModCloth

And this dress? This dress has taken me through job interviews and dinner dates with equal aplomb.

Cobalt dress from ModCloth

And that is just a sampling of the ModCloth dresses that are in my closet. I know there are other sites out there that specialize in dresses, but ModCloth just fits me, you know? My style.

I am always singing their praises. And right now you can get $10 off your first ModCloth purchase. Just click that link and they’ll take 10 bucks off your bill (if it’s your first purchase, you spend at least $50).

But, to be honest, so will I.

So yeah. This is a pretty self-serving post.

But I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t seriously love them, and think that you will too.

Go. Look. Love. And buy. You won’t be sorry.

Disclaimer: ModCloth did not ask me to write this post. The “Share the Love” $10 off promotion is something they’re running for all their current account holders. All opinions are 100 percent my own, and I love this store to death.

9 Comments on Because Every Girl Needs a Pretty Dress (or five).

July 9, 2012 at 11:11 am (4 years ago)

I love the polka dot and blue dresses. Gorgeous!

July 9, 2012 at 8:58 pm (4 years ago)

They’re both among my favorites!

2. Allison
    July 9, 2012 at 11:59 am (4 years ago)

I am sooo with you! I’ll take a light airy dress over a pair of skinny jeans any day! Just so long as I had time to shave that morning :) I love your pop art dress, by the way! I totally need to make a ModCloth splurge one day.

Allison

July 9, 2012 at 8:57 pm (4 years ago)

Skinny jeans = my worst nightmare. Even when I was 18, I would have told you I didn’t have the body for skinny jeans (although at 20, I totally did). Sigh.

3. Gail
    July 9, 2012 at 7:26 pm (4 years ago)

One word…chafing.

I don’t know if I spelled it right, but when I found the cutest pair of jean shorts this summer (KOHLS!!) I was so excited I nearly peed myself. (That could also have been due to the bladder after 2 children. )

But that is why I can’t handle dresses. Super cute though!!

July 9, 2012 at 8:57 pm (4 years ago)

Okay. So I know exactly what you mean. But. There’s this thing runners use, an anti-chafing stick (kinda like deodorant) that totally does the trick. For real. There is a place in every woman’s closet for jean shorts though. :)

4. mary
    July 11, 2012 at 11:51 pm (4 years ago)

you KNOW how much i love that hamburger dress!

5. dodo
    March 17, 2015 at 4:56 pm (11 months ago)

i love the pop art one, do you know where i could get one?

6. whiz
    March 17, 2015 at 4:59 pm (11 months ago)

where do you get that pop art one?
    i want it so bad!!!