I’m Okay. You’re Okay. We’re All Okay.

by Amber on March 6, 2012

It’s Tuesday. Which means it’s “It’s Okay Tuesday” over at another brilliant Amber’s blog. And you know what? there are a lot of things I’m trying to be okay about this week.

So I’m going to play along.

This week, it’s okay:

To tell your husband to give the kid a bath so you can have a precious 30 minutes to yourself.

To wish you were the kind of parent who’s comfortable giving a kid Benadryl  just so you can get a little shut eye.

To wonder if you’ll ever stop whining about lack of sleep.

To be really annoyed at the political climate.

And to be even more annoyed at the political person you’re being forced into becoming.

To hope Rush Limbaugh is reincarnated as a woman.

To wonder who all those crazy people on YouTube are. And to wish you could send them your laundry to fill up their obviously too empty hours.

To feel vaguely guilty about your lack of potty training progress. But kind of relieved that you don’t have to deal with hourly potty breaks just yet.

To really like green smoothies. But like chocolate cake even more.

To like the idea of exercising more than the actual act of exercising.

To dream of creating the Perfect Birthday Party for your daughter. But be pretty sure you’ll settle for generic invites and a box mix cake instead.

To really wish you could go sit in a tanning bed. Even though you know you’d just burn in 30 seconds flat.

To snort derisively at the silly sorority girls hanging out in short shorts in 60 degree weather while stifling a pang of jealousy at their still perfect bodies.

To wish you had gone on a real Spring Break. Until you remember how much you hate crowded bars. Especially bars filled with drunk college kids.

To hope your daughter never, ever goes on Spring Break. Ever.

To kind of wish you could home school your daughter until graduate school. But then remember you can’t do math.

To be ready to end a blog post before it’s really done. Just so you can close your eyes for five minutes…

You’re still here? I told you I was done.

Okay, then you tell me. What are you okay about this week?

Facebook Twitter Email

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Amanda C March 6, 2012 at 10:36 pm

For me:
it’s okay to let the kids watch another hour of NickJr, just so they’d stop picking on each other.
it’s okay to make beef tacos from a box, because that’s all the energy I had left for dinner.
it’s okay to spend the baby’s entire nap time writing instead of doing chores, because I’m almost finished with a really fun chapter.
it’s just okay to be just okay. :)

Amber March 8, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Being okay being okay is a fabulous thing, I think.

Amber March 7, 2012 at 12:33 pm

It’s okay, I whine about the lack of sleep too. I love my sleep and when I don’t get it I get cranky..

Amber March 8, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Me too. Which means I’ve been really, really cranky lately.

Tomekha March 8, 2012 at 8:11 am

It’s ok to not know what you want in life…to just let things flow and work themselves out.
Tomekha recently posted..Ideas Worth Sharing…

Amber March 8, 2012 at 4:24 pm

That’s how things work best, I think. Although it might drive you a little crazy in the meantime.

Debra March 8, 2012 at 10:44 am

It’s okay to go thru the fast food drive thru to pick up dinner and then let the kidlets eat dinner in front of the TV so mom can decompress from a tough day of working at the office.

It’s okay to hit the snooze button one more time, so the kids get to daycare 10 minutes late and there’s always another train to commute to work!
Debra recently posted..Crock Pot Buddies – Pork Ribs In Tomato Sauce

Amber March 8, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Yes indeed it is! I might just do that this evening!

Missy @ Wonder, Friend March 10, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I think I nodded enthusiastically at your entire list. I agree with all of the above!

I was at the swim center earlier this week when a bunch of high school girls walked by in their swim suits. I was thinking that I hope they appreciate their amazing little bodies, but I doubt they do. We’re never happy with what we have! Oh, to have my high school swimmer body back… ;-)
Missy @ Wonder, Friend recently posted..I’m Pretty Sure I’m Right

Amber March 16, 2012 at 11:20 am

I know! My swimmer self had no idea how good she had it. Remember those shoulders? I had awesome shoulders.

Linda M. March 29, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I’m okay with the fact that since we’re changing software at work, that things are going to be crazy for awhile, as we finish up things on the old system, and meanwhile try to learn all the new navigating, terminalogy, etc in the new system. I’m okay with it, really I am, …well actually I’m not, but I’m trying to convince myself that I am.

And about the young teenagers and their perfect bodies, I will be the first to admit that mine was never perfect, but oh to be able to at least fit into the same size I was then. That I would very okay with!

Amber April 1, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Ah, technology. It’s always good for throwing you for a loop, isn’t it? I hope it goes smoothly!