Lessons Learned This Week.

This week. Boy, it’s been a week. A week filled with heartbreak and worry. With guilty relief and renewed determination. With gut wrenching fear and more than a little pride. And above all? Lessons. Lots and lots of life lessons. Lessons like:

It pays to be flexible. In life, in love, and most of all, in your career. It’s impossible to know what’s around the next bend, so its best to be prepared for anything.

Heart disease sucks. Someone near and dear to me is suffering right now. Someone far too young to be saddled with this worry. It’s enough to make a person really fricking mad at the universe.

Getting mad at the universe doesn’t do you a lick of good. The universe? Doesn’t care. Stupid universe.

Stress melts pounds. Three, to be exact.

Fevers are really scary. Especially when we’re talking 104.5 degree fevers. Raging in your two-year-old’s body.

Experience makes it easier to handle the scary  bits. I remember when Tori had her first stuffy nose. She was like three weeks old. And I was terrified. So terrified that I called my Mom, the doctor, then my Mom again, and still sat up with her all night. But when her fever hit 104? Sure, I panicked, but after calling the doctor, I calmly carried on without shedding a tear (at least until I was alone in bed).

Exhaustion is worse than being drunk. Especially since you’re expected to carry on with your normal activities, no matter how exhausted you are.

A few baby giggles go a long way toward healing a hurting heart. I wish I could bottle them and send them to everyone I know who needs some comforting.

There’s nothing like the smell of spring after a long winter. Flowering trees, fresh cut grass and that indescribable freshness that hits the air this time of year. It’s heaven.

I’m really really really lucky to be married to my hub. Without him, I’d be a gibbering pile of goo right now.

And that’s all I’ve got. I think that’s enough for one week. Plus, my pillow is calling me. So how ’bout you? What did you learn this week?

7 Comments on Lessons Learned This Week.

1. Gail
    April 15, 2011 at 9:37 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve learned that you always write posts that I could write at the exact time I would write them. Hugs to you and your suffering friend.

Also, I’ve learned that while I didn’t use babygates with my daughter, I definitely am with my puppy. Because puppy pee sucks to clean up.

April 18, 2011 at 8:42 pm (5 years ago)

Puppy pee sucks. You know what else sucks? Cats who won’t stop puking. It. Is. Unreal. At least puppies are really cute…

April 15, 2011 at 9:39 pm (5 years ago)

I’m just the opposite…..stress puts pounds on me….The more stressed I am the more soda I gulp, the more chips in inhale (with cheese dip of course!), the more cupcakes I wolf down and the more cookies and carbs I consume.

April 18, 2011 at 8:41 pm (5 years ago)

Stressed, I can’t eat. Depressed? Now depressed turns me into a chow hound.

3. BalancingMama (Julie)
    April 16, 2011 at 10:52 pm (5 years ago)

Ok, I knew we had similarities, but this is getting freaky. I also have a young friend battling heart disease. She’s had some scary and sad times lately, and I think of her constantly.

I hope your cutie is feeling much better now!

This week, I learned that my husband is finally speaking up For himself at work. He’s been overworked and miserable for too long – even affecting us at home. He finally had enough. I hope things can start to improve now!

April 18, 2011 at 8:41 pm (5 years ago)

Oh, I’m glad your hub is making a stand! My life has just been…crazy. Yeah, crazy would about sum it up. I’m sure eventually I’ll figure out which way is up, but not for a while yet.

4. alicia
    April 17, 2011 at 7:33 pm (5 years ago)

I’m sorry for your week, but I’m wondering if I could get stress to melt some of my pounds.