Pick My Next Hairstyle.

There’s something about February. Something that makes my skin itch and my heart restless. I feel cooped. Stagnant. In need of some sort of change.

Eighty degree weather would help, but since last time I looked outside ice was falling from the sky, I have to look elsewhere for satisfaction.

And you know what the easiest thing to change is? My hair.

Yep, I’m thinking about doing something drastic. But before I do, I need your opinion (us Libras, we’re not good with decisions).

Should I go the short, fire-engine red route like this look from ModCloth?

Red do from ModCloth

Super hip or just say no?

Perhaps I should just do a variation of my standard bob (Photo credit Celebrity Hairstyles).

Bob-lite

Trendy or impossible for fine hair?

Or should I go all out with a platinum pixie?

platinum pixie

Daring or dumb?

Of course, it’s entirely possible that once ensconced in my hairstylist’s chair, I’ll say, ” just a trim, please.”  But right now, I’m feeling adventurous.

So what do you think, lovely readers of mine? What would you tell the woman with the magic scissors?

21 Comments on Pick My Next Hairstyle.

1. Jen
    February 1, 2011 at 9:26 pm (5 years ago)

Okay I am totally diggin’ that first cut. And I kind of have that third cut (I could probably even style it all spiky like in the pic) so if you get it we should SO photoshop our pictures together. Hee!

February 2, 2011 at 9:40 am (5 years ago)

We totally should. The first one seems to be the consensus, so I just might get it!

2. Ashley
    February 1, 2011 at 9:43 pm (5 years ago)

I told my hubby I’m chopping my hair off and dying it blonde like the third cut. Lol. This is not going to happen any time soon because dangit I’m dedicated to finally having long hair but why does it have to take soooo looooong? Ugh. I should tell you I’m also a Libra and I used to change my hair style all of the time but it’s been about two or three years now since I’ve done it. I’m holding up well. Well, enough about me…geez, shut up Ashley. I like the third one but if you’re feeling iffy I would say try number two first then go for three! Hope you love it!

February 2, 2011 at 9:26 am (5 years ago)

Yeah, I’ve actually had longish hair for 3 years now…which is a world’s record for me. I like i, and yet I don’t. It’s the conundrum.

3. one cluttered brain
    February 1, 2011 at 9:49 pm (5 years ago)

I LOVE the first cut.
    But I also like the 2 nd cut as well.
    ooohhhh. Can’t wait to see which one you pick.

February 2, 2011 at 9:26 am (5 years ago)

Thanks. I’ll have to keep you in suspense a little longer. We’re iced in today.

February 1, 2011 at 9:58 pm (5 years ago)

The bob. Not the pixie………..it’s a hard look to pull off and if you can pull it off, then you’ll be completely adorable forever and ever…….

I just like a little bit of hair……….so the first and last, make me feel naked.

February 2, 2011 at 9:16 am (5 years ago)

I don’t think I’m brave enough for the pixie. I had one once upon a time, but then I was about 40 pounds lighter and 12 years younger.

5. Jen
    February 1, 2011 at 10:18 pm (5 years ago)

I LOVE the first one in fact, I might have to have it.

February 2, 2011 at 9:15 am (5 years ago)

We can be hair twins!

6. Allison
    February 2, 2011 at 11:38 am (5 years ago)

I think you’d look really cute with #1!

7. Allison @ Alli n Son
    February 2, 2011 at 12:49 pm (5 years ago)

The first one! Although I do like the last one too. Show us pics when it’s done?

8. Amber Davis
    February 2, 2011 at 12:52 pm (5 years ago)

Totally agree! The first cut is rockin’ hot. And the color is fantastic too. Post pics so we can see the final results!

9. Amber
    February 2, 2011 at 2:35 pm (5 years ago)

I love that second cut. Really cute.

10. SaucyB
    February 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm (5 years ago)

I really like the modified bob. And that style is very good for fine hair – like mine. haha
    I know what you mean about getting restless this time of year. I really like my cut, so every now and then I tinker around with color.

SaucyB recently posted… Who Knew They Had So Much in Common?

11. Nikki W
    February 2, 2011 at 9:54 pm (5 years ago)

I actually took that same second picture to my stylist and had a similar cut done 5 months ago (we kind of meshed some pics and figured how to work it with my hair). My stylist is awesome, and I usually give her the go-ahead to do what she thinks will work. I have fine hair but LOTS of it. I loved the cut and it was just the change I needed. Now I’m liking that it’s growing back out. :)

February 3, 2011 at 9:18 am (5 years ago)

I was just thinking at book club that your hair looked great. Every once in a while, it’s good to change things up, isn’t it?

• Nikki W
        February 7, 2011 at 3:02 pm (5 years ago)

Oh, thanks! It’s still in grow-out mode and needs trimmed and re-shaped, but good to know it looks good before I can make it in to the salon! :)

12. Lady Jennie
    February 3, 2011 at 3:40 pm (5 years ago)

Amber, I need to see a pic of your face to decide. I just have the 16 year old geek picture to go by and I *think* you’ve changed since then. 😉

13. Terra Berger
    December 9, 2011 at 1:25 pm (4 years ago)

The bob. I’ll have to keep you in suspense a little longer. Thanks. Although I do like the last one too.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Pick My Next Hairstyle.

1. […] week I asked you guys to pick my next hairstyle. And quite a few of you weighed in (thank you). But the results? Were rather ambiguous. The third […]