The Wardrobe I Wish I Had.

by Amber on January 30, 2011

In my mind, I have a fabulously quirky vintage style. I’ve got twirly skirts and figure-skimming dresses in all the latest colors, with the funky tights and outrageous shoes to to pull it all together.

I always hit the streets feeling fabulous—even if I’m just picking up dog food or my tenth bottle of cough medicine. The me of my dreams would never shop at Old Navy. Nope, she has a wardrobe pulled from secondhand clothing stores and independent online shops.

Which is why I just spent an hour picking out my spring wardrobe from ModCloth. Want to see the results of my virtual (i.e. pretend) spending spree?

I’ll float through February in this ethereal dress:

The perfect way to float through February

Once the days warm, I’ll pull out these floaty bits of perfection:

Modcloth Cooking Show Dress

Who's in the mood for a picnic?

Pretty red ModCloth dress

Yes, I think I will be the lady in red today.

Or, perhaps one of these skirt and blouse combos:

carmel ModCloth Shirt

Tied with a bow

feeling yellow Modcloth skirt

Sunshine in a skirt

white eyelet from ModCloth

I feel pretty

Seeing blue ModCloth

Blue as the summer sky

And for that June wedding I have to go to? This.

kennebunkport dress Modcloth

Perfect, don't you think?

So that’s my strategy for whiling away a winter’s day. What’s yours?

Facebook Twitter Email

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Rebecca January 30, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I love everything. The first dress and the first skirt/shirt combo….both my favorites. Yes, to them all though. Pretty strappy sandals too with perfectly manicured toes…..which is always done in a french. Nothing else but french!

And……..whiling away a winter day? Pretending to be on the beach and shopping around for beach vacation hotels and condos…right on the beach……..sipping a frosty drink with a little umbrella under a huge umbrella listening to the surf rolling in and out…..aahhhh
Rebecca recently posted..Snow Snow Go AWAY

Amber January 31, 2011 at 10:05 am

Mmmm, beach resorts. I did that on Saturday. I also flipped through vacation photo books with Tori yesterday instead of reading real books. What I wouldn’t give to be in turquoise waters right now…

Lady Jennie January 31, 2011 at 6:43 am

I love the skirt and blouse combos and the pink dress. I sometimes look at clothes to while away the hours, but lately I’ve been looking at baking websites. It keeps me warm.

Amber January 31, 2011 at 10:03 am

I do that sometimes too. But I’m trying to lose weight, so I’m staying away (keyword trying).

erica January 31, 2011 at 10:01 am

I LOVE those dresses. I think I might have to buy that short sleeved one. It would look fab with me toting around two kids, no?

Amber January 31, 2011 at 10:03 am

You always look fab. And two adorable kids? Make you look even more gorgeous.

Andi January 31, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I check real estate. All across the country. I fantasize about moving to the gorgeous 4 BR, 3.5 Bath with formal dining, built in bookcases and walk in closet on 2 acres only 45 minutes from my house and I dream about the 5 BR ranch on 50 acres back “home” in Texas.

I LIVE for acreage and built ins (with a cozy book nook reading area) but am destined to stay in my rapidly filling, 1600 sq ft track home.

So, while you’re dreaming of swirly styles and vintage bows, I’m longing for rain gutters, plantation shutters and a backyard built for a playhouse. . . . . . sigh. . . .

Amber February 1, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I have been known to do that too. I’d love to have a gorgeous victorian on lots of acres. But alas, I too have a 1600 sq. foot cookie cutter. Boo.

SaucyB January 31, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I love the last one – the pink one – the most! I love the way ModCloth’s clothes really compelment the curves of the female form. All those nice cinched waists on the dresses really complement any figure. Good styles for giving a girl nice curves.

Hope you splurged maybe just one of these!

SaucyB recently posted… Make Me Laugh Monday

Amber February 1, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I haven’t yet, but I will. And as a girl with curves, I enjoy the fact that ModCloth clothes work with them…not against them. P.S. When will those dang skinny jeans go out of style?

BalancingMama (Julie) January 31, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Oooh, those are adorable! The virtual me would love those as well.

This post reminds me of my summers working at Service Merchandise. When I’d get put on office/phone duty, I would go through the entire catalog and pick out my virtual wedding registry.
BalancingMama (Julie) recently posted..What I hate about blogging

Amber February 1, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Ha. That sounds like fun…I remember loving to watch the stuff come down that conveyor belt thing. Seems like a weird concept now.

liz February 1, 2011 at 12:29 pm

all of these styles feel very “mad men” inspired to me. Which, because I love Mad Men, I’m ok with!

Amber February 1, 2011 at 8:41 pm

You know, I actually don’t like Mad Men. The show is too dang depressing. But I do love their style.