The Perfect Holiday Season Starts With the Perfect Card.

I’ve always placed a great deal of emphasis on finding just the right holiday card. I’ve been known to agonize over it, reading every card available in store after store, never quite happy with any of them. Often, I torment myself so much that I wait far too long, so that by the time I’m actually ready to purchase some, all but the most lame are sold out.

Now that we have a child, the pressure is doubled. No longer will just any old Hallmark card do. No, now our holiday greetings have to be personalized, with just the right photos and the perfect caption. And since I work in advertising? I feel I can’t choose the easy and the expected.

Nope, I need something cool. Something unique. Something very “us.”

That’s where Shutterfly comes in. They have, no joke, 748 different cards to choose from. Seven hundred forty eight different cards. Some are flat. Some are folded. Some are traditional. Some are painfully hip and cool. Some have room for eleventy billion photos, some just the one perfect image.

Which really doesn’t make the decision even easier for me. But I do have lots of options (and I like options).

There’s this one, called Giggles and Grins:

Giggles and Grins from Shutterfly

I like it. It’s simple, clean and just a little bit different. Then there’s this one, called Picture Joy:

Picture Joy from Snapfish

Slightly more traditional, but still just different enough to keep my inner hipster quiet. Then there’s the Top Ten Moments card (it might just be my favorite):

Top Ten Moments from Shutterfly

You know how I like my Top Ten lists.

I haven’t decided which design I’ll choose. Heck, I haven’t even decided what photos to put on it (the saga of our family holiday photo is a topic for another post). But with Shutterfly at my beck and call, I know I’ll find the perfect one.

Disclaimer: In exchange for writing this post, Shutterfly is giving me 50 free holiday cards. But that doesn’t make their site (or their card options) any less awesome. If you have a blog, you can get free cards too—check it out.

13 Comments on The Perfect Holiday Season Starts With the Perfect Card.

1. BalancingMama (Julie)
    November 8, 2010 at 9:12 pm (5 years ago)

That cute face in th eblue sky is precious! I love that photo. I think, maybe, that I have our card designed. But I may change it 42 times before time to order. We’ll see.

November 9, 2010 at 8:51 am (5 years ago)

Yeah, I might continue to make that the star. But, the rule follower in me says we must have a family portrait. We’ll see.

2. Jen E @ mommablogsalot
    November 9, 2010 at 9:24 am (5 years ago)

Ohhh I really love the last one. Like kind of wish our holiday cards weren’t already made, ordered and sitting on my desk. Might have to see if that one’s still around next year!

November 9, 2010 at 2:03 pm (5 years ago)

Oh my goodness? Yours are done? You are way, way more organized than I will ever be. Go you!

3. Lady Jennie
    November 9, 2010 at 1:51 pm (5 years ago)

I really love the first one. It puts the adorable picture in the best light and the wording matches the picture so well.

November 9, 2010 at 2:04 pm (5 years ago)

That’s my current favorite too. Thanks!

November 9, 2010 at 3:39 pm (5 years ago)

They do have super cute stuff. Is it just me, though, or are they one of the more expensive ones? I looked at them for birth announcements and couldn’t find anything my wallet could stomach.

4. Erin
    November 9, 2010 at 2:59 pm (5 years ago)

I am in DeNILE that the holidays are approaching quickly – in my world I am still pretending it is early September…

Your daughter is beautiful – with material this good you could send her photo on a piece of used toilet paper and people would gladly hang on their Fridge:)

Good stuff!

November 9, 2010 at 3:38 pm (5 years ago)

Hmmm, used toilet paper. That would be unique and environmentally friendly. Thanks, lady.

5. Kelli
    November 9, 2010 at 9:20 pm (5 years ago)

As a fellow industry type, I have a question about your partnership with Shutterfly (First I totally don’t judge) Did they ask that you post on a certain day? Today both Dooce and Bakerella are giving away cameras sponsored by Shutterfly! I thought it might be a coincidence but then I saw your post. I wonder how many different bloggers they approached.
    I find this kind of stuff interesting.

November 10, 2010 at 8:26 am (5 years ago)

No, it really is a coincidence. I signed up for the project two weeks ago and just now got around to doing it. Part of my job here at work is to navigate the ins and outs of social media (and tell others how to do it), so I figure I need to know how to play the game. Plus, I really wanted those 50 free cards.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on The Perfect Holiday Season Starts With the Perfect Card.

1. […] few weeks ago, I posted about Shutterfly’s holiday card selection. At the time I was quite impressed—there was lots to choose from, including some non-traditional […]