The Official Halloween Post.

Did you know it’s November 4th and I haven’t posted our Halloween pictures yet? It’s true. I’m pretty sure that cost me about ten points in the mommy blogger world. I know that every day I delay is costing me at least a hundred points in the grandparents’ world.

What can I say? Time kinda gets away from you when you’re writing a novel.

But Halloween did happen. And Tori did go trick or treating. And great fun was had by all. Although, honestly, I think we the parents got more enjoyment out of it than Tori the toddler.

I mean, come on. I got to go trick or treating for the first time in…25 years? How could that not be fun (also, how did I get to be this damn old)?

First there was the costuming and face painting.

Tori says meow

Tori says meow

Then there was the obligatory “Official Halloween Picture” pose.

Tori poses for Halloween photos

Are we done yet?

And finally, it was time to hit the streets for trick or treat.

Tori sets off in search of treats

Tori sets off in search of treats

It wasn’t long before she pooped out though, so mommy carried her all the way home.

The family at Halloween

Dang, my arm is tired.

But for Tori the best part was still to come—passing out candy with grandma.

Are there more, grandma?

All in all, it was a successful Halloween. I look forward to all the years of trick or treating to come. And now? My job here is done—and my place among the (outer) ranks of the mommy bloggers is assured—for now.

How was your Halloween?

15 Comments on The Official Halloween Post.

1. Jen
    November 4, 2010 at 9:48 pm (5 years ago)

Oh the cuteness is just too much. :)

November 5, 2010 at 9:04 am (5 years ago)

I admit, I almost fell over with the cuteness of it all when the hub painted her face…you must be absolutely slayed by all your cutie patooties.

2. sara@domesticallychallenged
    November 4, 2010 at 10:28 pm (5 years ago)

Well, i am glad you shared, because she is seriously adorable!+1000 mommy blogger points to you!

November 5, 2010 at 9:03 am (5 years ago)

Now that’s what I’m talking about. Thanks!

3. Janet
    November 4, 2010 at 10:38 pm (5 years ago)

Awwww..what an adorable costume! She’s so cute!

November 5, 2010 at 9:05 am (5 years ago)

You know the way to a mother’s heart! Thank you.

4. dusty earth mother
    November 4, 2010 at 10:50 pm (5 years ago)

That picture of her on the street… oh, she looks so small. What a cute kitty your honey is.

November 5, 2010 at 9:02 am (5 years ago)

She is still kinda itty bitty. I guess she’s inherited my shortness. Thank you!

5. Andi
    November 5, 2010 at 2:09 pm (5 years ago)

Ummm. . . . not only do I not have my Halloween pics up yet, I don’t even HAVE them yet. Yeah, this Mommy Blogger forgot her camera and is now waiting (toes tapping) patiently for her friend to email her pictures. PATIENTLY. I’ll probably update pics by the time Christmas rolls around. . . .

And she is soooo cute. Bjorn’s a little stinker, but life gets more interesting and more fun every day. What a wonderful age!!

And on a completely different note.. . . My trips may be taking me to Indianapolis in November. I know you live in Indiana – do you live anywhere near the airport/downtown? Would love to get together!

November 7, 2010 at 8:46 pm (5 years ago)

Well, you can blame your friend then – for the lack of pictures – it’s always good to have an excuse! I’m about 45 minutes away, but I’d totally make the trip to see you! Send me an email when you know you’re coming!

November 5, 2010 at 2:24 pm (5 years ago)

I totally love the color of the walls in the last photo. What is that color called and where did you get it?

November 7, 2010 at 8:44 pm (5 years ago)

I can’t remember what the actual color is, but it’s Valspar (brand) from Lowes. I love that paint – covers really well.

7. Allison @ Alli 'n Son
    November 5, 2010 at 3:05 pm (5 years ago)

My son’s favorite part was handing out candy too. Except he gave each kid handfuls instead of one piece. Oh well, less leftovers for me to eat that way.

Tori is adorable!

November 7, 2010 at 8:44 pm (5 years ago)

I think Tori was giving out entire handfuls. But it worked out – we had bought more than we needed.

8. Elaine
    November 6, 2010 at 3:07 pm (5 years ago)

Oh my goodness! So cute!