Confession Time.

I confess…

To holding back the best candy on Halloween so I have plenty of Reese’s products to get me through the holiday season.

To feeding my daughter chicken nuggets. At least twice a week. And no, they’re not organic.

To getting angry at the scale for not showing me a loss—even when I haven’t done anything to deserve one.

To actually being kind of glad to hear Christmas music in the stores, even though it’s far too early.

To sometimes skipping a certain toddler’s tooth brushing—and then being terrified that her new teeth are going to fall out.

To rolling my eyes at all the twitter drama—but avidly searching my stream for new tweets about the latest flap, nonetheless.

To desperately wanting to take a (short) vacation without the munchkin, and to feeling horribly guilty for even thinking about it.

To secretly wishing they would make paper pots and pans as well as plates so I’d never have to wash a dish again.

To being a little bit glad that Tori seems to prefer mommy to anybody else (it assuages that working mom guilt).

To wishing I could temporarily contract a tapeworm (just long enough to get these last ten pounds off).

To buying Tori enough clothes to be able to go a solid week (or two) without doing laundry—no matter how many messes she gets into.

To being glad that the time change gave me an excuse to go to bed at 10:30 (and being a little unsure if I’ll ever give it up).

To hoping you’ll all visit Mama Kat to see the other writing workshop entries.

To wondering what everyone else has to confess. So why don’t you tell me, dear readers?

Mama's Losin' It

12 Comments on Confession Time.

1. BalancingMama (Julie)
    November 11, 2010 at 8:28 pm (5 years ago)

Paper plates and plastic cups here – a little too often. I have reusable grocery bags, but forget to bring them in the store at least 50% of the time. I also drive an SUV. I owe the planet a big apology.

I did go on a mommy-only vacation. Jamaica with my sister back in March. I spent the entire time thinking about my family at home and feeling guilty. Arrrgh!

November 12, 2010 at 8:44 am (5 years ago)

Yeah, I went to BlogHer in August, and spent half the time wondering how they were doing when I should have been paying attention to what was going on. And the reusable bags? Are always in my car – but I only remember to bring them in like once out of every 100 times.

November 11, 2010 at 9:03 pm (5 years ago)

The tapeworm…you can actually buy them online. Just sayin. I want one too. One to lose just 20 pounds.

I secretly wish the kids would sleep to the soul recharging hour of 8:30 on the weekends but always wake up ‘on-time’ to get ready for school …on school days.

November 12, 2010 at 8:42 am (5 years ago)

8:30 on weekends? I’d settle for 7. Sigh. You are kidding about the tapeworm, right?

3. Dakotapam
    November 11, 2010 at 9:04 pm (5 years ago)

I yell at my kids way too much, and people give me too much good mom credit. They think I’m way better than I am!

November 12, 2010 at 8:42 am (5 years ago)

Every day you get through wherein no one dies or comes to permanent harm is another successful day as a mom. I’m sure you rock!

4. Andi
    November 12, 2010 at 12:50 am (5 years ago)

Isn’t toddler toothbrushing the worst?! After talking with a dentist friend of mine (disapprovingly “If you can’t brush his teeth TWICE a day, Andi, at least brush them at night”) I decided to throw a toothbrush in with his bath toys. It’s the best toothbrushing EVER.

And, hey, who cares if he uses his pee bath water to wet the toothbrush?! He drinks the water, too, so he obviously doesn’t mind!

November 12, 2010 at 8:41 am (5 years ago)

Andi, you are BRILLIANT! I am totally going to stick her toothbrush in there tonight. Amazingly enough, she actually opened her mouth and let me do it this morning with a minimum of screaming, but I’m sure that was a fluke.

5. Lady Jennie
    November 12, 2010 at 11:18 am (5 years ago)

I could confess to about three-quarters of those things as well (and then some few of my own).

I always hope that friends who come over will help me with my dishes. Some friend, huh?

November 15, 2010 at 9:06 am (5 years ago)

A true friend is one that will help you with the dishes. The rest are not worth the bother.

6. Erin
    November 13, 2010 at 6:02 am (5 years ago)

Amber…I too am guilty of almost all of your confessions….

the Halloween candy…seriously – I purchsed EXTRA of the “good stuff” – stashed it in locations that only I could find for this very reason- but I managed to eat it ALL – GONE – AWFUL…

Paper Pots and Pans – Brilliant – but I submit to you – order your food from a pizza shop and they give it to you in a big cardboard box. Fold it up, shove it in the trash – and you are done.

Confession – took off a half day from work – scheduled a “tooth drilling” so that I could be home alone for a few hours to get stuff done…

November 15, 2010 at 9:06 am (5 years ago)

A “tooth drilling/afternoon alone.” Hmmm, I like the way you think…