How Do I Top This?

Last year, my daughter had not one, but two ridiculously cute Halloween costumes.

This one:

Tori in her fairy costume

The world's cutest pint-sized fairy.

And this one—my hand’s down favorite.

Tori the silly monster

The silliest monster in Indiana.

So. That was her first Halloween—which was obviously all about the photo opps. And while she can walk this year—meaning we’ll probably hit up a few houses for candy—it’s still pretty much about the pictures. Plus, this is probably the last year  she won’t have an opinion about her costume, so we’ve got to make it a good one.

But what should she be?  Keep in mind, I have little to no sewing ability, so fancy homemade costumes like the ones my mom used to make are out of the question. However, originality counts.

Who’s got an idea?

Check out  A Beautiful Mess for more Wordless Wednesday fun.

10 Comments on How Do I Top This?

1. Jen E @ mommablogsalot
    October 6, 2010 at 5:14 pm (5 years ago)

Little BB is going to be Minnie Mouse this year, to her brother’s Mickey Mouse of course. :) Good luck coming up with the perfect costume – I’m sure you’ll think of something fantastic!

2. Jill @ Life...as I see it
    October 6, 2010 at 7:17 pm (5 years ago)

Adorable costumes (and baby). Especially the second one. Parents picking out costumes ends quickly.

3. Elona
    October 6, 2010 at 11:53 pm (5 years ago)

Dress her up like a honey pot and have Brian be Pooh Bear!

4. Janet
    October 7, 2010 at 12:16 pm (5 years ago)

I don’t know what she should be this year, but both of those from last year are adorable!

5. BalancingMama (Julie)
    October 7, 2010 at 5:43 pm (5 years ago)

My neighbor had a little Tootsie Roll last year. It was adorable!

6. Stephanie
    October 9, 2010 at 12:58 pm (5 years ago)

We did Kai-Lan this year as it is her favorite show. It was super easy to make, no sewing. She was thrilled to see her reflection. We went to a costume party at preschool last night. All the kids called her Kai-Lan all night. All the parents asked me why I didn’t put a costume on her :(

As for ideas… There is a Carter’s duck with yellow and orange striped tights I adore. Originality… Rainbow Brite? Butterfly?

• One More Idea
      October 9, 2010 at 1:03 pm (5 years ago)

She could be a cowgirl and Kermit could be her horse

October 13, 2010 at 1:38 pm (5 years ago)

Oooh, rainbow brite could be fun. I’m thinking maybe that Carter’s tiger costume too.

7. CK
    October 10, 2010 at 3:14 am (5 years ago)

She is SOOOOO beautiful!! I LOVE those costumes!

October 13, 2010 at 1:36 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks! Sometimes it’s hard to believe that level of cuteness came out of me…