Who Wants to Vote on My New Header?

My husband, creative maestro that he is, has decided he wants to start designing blogs. So, of course I told him he could start with mine. What we’ve come up with so far is a drastic departure from what I currently have, so I thought I’d put out feelers before it becomes reality.

Obviously, this is rough. But what do you guys think? If we go this route, I’m thinking my tag could be something like “writing my way through life, one wrong turn at a time.” Maybe.

Be honest (but as nicely as you can, please).

18 Comments on Who Wants to Vote on My New Header?

1. Kelli
    May 23, 2010 at 1:01 am (6 years ago)

It's cute! I don't know if the 'wrong turn' part is necessary- you seem to be doing just fine to me.

2. Shell
    May 23, 2010 at 1:27 am (6 years ago)

Cute! Your tag line is hilarious! Even I don't think it's really true 😉 it would grab people's attention.

3. Anonymous
    May 23, 2010 at 1:46 am (6 years ago)

I think it fits more than the current one. Look at all the clues to your life he put in the pic. Has the islands, the right car, the dog, rear facing car seat. Think he nailed it.

-Rob

4. alicia
    May 23, 2010 at 1:55 am (6 years ago)

I think it's a darling. Catchy phrase, although not sure it's true.

5. Jen
    May 23, 2010 at 2:18 am (6 years ago)

i think the design is adorable! not sure about the "wrong turn" part though.. ? what about "one right (and some wrong) turns at a time? " or something like that?

6. Coupon Clippin' Mommy
    May 23, 2010 at 3:05 am (6 years ago)

Cute header!

7. amyblam.com
    May 23, 2010 at 3:17 am (6 years ago)

I LOVE your current flowert-ness but I think this is adorable! Love the colors and flowers and everything going on. I think the faces might need a little tweaking but it's fab in general. I don't know the wrong turn part-maybe just something about twists and turns?

8. One Cluttered Brain
    May 23, 2010 at 3:59 am (6 years ago)

I LOVE the yellow convertible car!!!
    Do it Amber. I love it. The tagline is even cute too.

9. The Empress
    May 23, 2010 at 4:35 am (6 years ago)

I'll tell you: At first glance, I LOVE IT.

I love the colors, it's so pretty…I like the look.

I think your face needs some tweaking, and your little guys' head needs to be a bit larger.

The most important thing: I don't like the "taking all the wrong turns" part b/c you are an awesome blogger and mom to me.

Can you not say that ? For me?, cuz I only follow the best, you know?

Thank you!

10. Melissa
    May 23, 2010 at 12:26 pm (6 years ago)

I like it, and I actually like the wrong turn part, I think it's cute and honest. Not everyday goes the right way and we learn a lot from our wrong turns.

11. Preggo
    May 23, 2010 at 2:47 pm (6 years ago)

I like it. Especially the vaca palm trees in the distance!!

12. Sara @ Domestically Challenged
    May 24, 2010 at 3:05 am (6 years ago)

I like it- now? Wrong turns? They've done you well then!!

13. Scott
    May 24, 2010 at 3:21 pm (6 years ago)

Shouldn't the car be blue?

14. ericka @ alabaster cow
    May 24, 2010 at 3:50 pm (6 years ago)

love the design – he's talented! and i, too, thoroughly enjoy the tag line. i'm no help am i? :)

15. Miss Welcome
    May 24, 2010 at 4:17 pm (6 years ago)

I agree with the above – everything perfect, except a little tweaking on your face and the baby's.

For the tag-line, how about "penning – or – composing my way around life's every bend" ??

16. person of interest
    May 24, 2010 at 7:55 pm (6 years ago)

This is an old version of the picture too. I have made new edition so it almost fits completely across a normal monitor. For a wide-screen I could always layer another picture and have it float on top.
    I still have to edit/paint the car and characters in photoshop to give it a more painterly feel to it, since I originally made the image in illustrator.

17. Badass Geek
    May 25, 2010 at 3:54 pm (6 years ago)

It's a little busy, but otherwise good!

18. Suzi
    May 25, 2010 at 7:41 pm (6 years ago)

i like it, and i like the tagline too! just because you make a wrong turn doesn't mean you're doing something wrong, just different than planned so I think it fits. What person (and mother!) can say they never have to forgo their original plan for another? And sometimes that altered plan works out better than the original ever would have!

I also like that the header is different. I find all too often that peeps will get a blog makeover and then their graphics look too similar to others, like there is somethign about the graphics used for people look eerily alike, and yours looks a bit different.

And of course being a country girl, I like the corn fields! lol