Top Ten Signs You Have Baby Fever.

I do not need another baby right now. In fact, I’d go so far as to say a baby is the last thing I need right now. It’s taken 14 months to feel like I have any idea what I’m doing. To feel anything other than tired and frazzled, as a matter of fact.

But part of me really wants another baby.

That’s right, people. I have a small case of baby fever. How do I know? Well, gee, I thought you’d never ask. Here we go…the top ten signs you’re jonesing for a babe.

Pictures of wrinkly, newborn babies bring a tear to your eye. And not one of remembered pain, but one of “ohmygodsheissocutecanaIhaveonenowplease?”

You attempt to sell your child’s outgrown clothes, but can’t bring yourself to do it.  Because, sure, you have no plans to get pregnant again, but what if you did? And what if it was another girl? A girl who conveniently enough, was born at the exact same time of year? Then you’d want those clothes again, wouldn’t you?

You start rationalizing why you don’t really need the guest bedroom in your head. After all, you only have guests once every other month or so. Besides, those pull-out couches are surprisingly comfy! And hey, they could always sleep in your bed…

You start keeping track of your cycle again. You know. Just in case.

You look at pregnant bellies, and instead of smiling in sympathy, you have to stomp down a pang of jealousy.

You start sentences with “next time…” I’ll exercise all the way through. And I’ll watch what I eat. And…

You allow yourself to picture driving a minivan. And you don’t feel the urge to vomit.

Speaking of vomit, you tell yourself morning sickness wasn’t that bad. After all, it only lasted a couple of months. And those preggo pops were awfully tasty…

You give yourself a mental high five when your husband slips and says things like “our kids” (plural).

You find that you’re almost disappointed when your period arrives on time. Not that you were “trying” but…

So yeah. I think I have baby fever. But I’m pretty sure I can wait this one out. Kind of sure. Sure I am.

How about you? How do you know when you’re suffering from an acute case of GimmeABabyNows? And how ’bout you go visit Oh Amanda and spread some Top Ten Tuesday sugar around?

28 Comments on Top Ten Signs You Have Baby Fever.

1. Michelle @ Flying Giggles
    May 26, 2010 at 12:35 am (6 years ago)

I must have the fever because last week when I was talking to my sister in law about how big my youngest is getting and imagining not having another baby, it made me tear up. Maybe it was due to PMS, who knows.

2. Jeni
    May 26, 2010 at 1:29 am (6 years ago)

I'm starting to get baby fever; my oldest is 3 1/2 and my baby just turned 1 last week. It's strange how the baby fever can coexist with the stressed-out, overwhelmed, AAAAAAARGH that is motherhood. :-)

3. Bossy Betty
    May 26, 2010 at 1:30 am (6 years ago)

I think it is when I go up, grab a random baby off the street and smell his or her head. Oh yeah.

4. Allison @ Alli 'n Son
    May 26, 2010 at 1:46 am (6 years ago)

I'm right there with you.

5. Allison @ Alli 'n Son
    May 26, 2010 at 1:46 am (6 years ago)

I'm right there with you.

6. Allison @ Alli 'n Son
    May 26, 2010 at 1:46 am (6 years ago)

I'm right there with you.

7. Allison @ Alli 'n Son
    May 26, 2010 at 1:46 am (6 years ago)

I'm right there with you.

8. Brittany
    May 26, 2010 at 1:58 am (6 years ago)

I dont even have a hubby, and I want another child! AHHH! Maybe in another five years. I about cried selling his little baby clothes!

9. meganboley.com
    May 26, 2010 at 2:33 am (6 years ago)

Oooohhhhhh, yay! I have to say that I am excited for your fever. But I am clearly biased and full of hormones.

10. SurferWife
    May 26, 2010 at 2:43 am (6 years ago)

Oh yeah, girl. You have baby fever. I was able to say no to all of it. You'll know when your babymaking days are over. 😉

11. Sara @ Domestically Challenged
    May 26, 2010 at 2:53 am (6 years ago)

I felt the same after awhile after having my first. Now? DONE, DONITO, DONOLA, done!

Good luck and happy trying though!

12. The Empress
    May 26, 2010 at 5:10 am (6 years ago)

HAVE all the babies you can have before it's too late.

Have 20 if you have to,,,b/c once that well is done run dry, you'll be lamenting not having more.

Just sayin…

Now, put in a video, and go get busy..

13. Preggo
    May 26, 2010 at 12:08 pm (6 years ago)

I actually told a friend recently that having a c-section "wasn't that bad".

Considering I split my stitches twice and couldn't even ride in a car for three weeks, I would say I'm having a bit of baby fever meself.

And I agree with the Empress. Get out there and do it. No one ever says on their deathbed that they wish they would have worked more. . . . .

14. One Cluttered Brain
    May 26, 2010 at 5:24 pm (6 years ago)

Yeah, I get what you mean.
    Although at 3 children I think I am done.
    WHEW!
    What a LOT of work!
    Although, it would be nice to have a little boy…Hmm.
    I guess there IS adoption. If I feel up to it. :) And i have the money.
    We'll have to see.

15. Jennifer
    May 26, 2010 at 5:59 pm (6 years ago)

That's a great list!! My little one is barely 6 months old and I already identify with some of those points…uh oh…

May 26, 2010 at 8:59 pm (6 years ago)

I just want them after they turn about 18 months old. I'm not a real big baby person….babies hate me….even my own babies hated me….all they did was cry cry cry cry cry cry cry….it was bad.

17. erica
    May 26, 2010 at 9:09 pm (6 years ago)

Oh my gosh… I have SO many baby clothes… but I am still thinking "What if we have another girl?" I hope we can get pregnant again… but not right now!

18. Miss Welcome
    May 27, 2010 at 3:52 pm (6 years ago)

I got preggers with number two when number one wasn't even one year old yet. I knew I'd have two, but getting baby fever for number three astonished me. I got pregnant with number three when number two was about two years old.

19. Angela Pea
    May 28, 2010 at 4:55 pm (6 years ago)

Nope…not me! I can assure you that Baby Fever does eventually go away, about the time your oldest starts driving and your youngest gets to middle school.

It will totally drive you crazy until then, though!

20. Step-mamma
    January 3, 2011 at 4:40 pm (5 years ago)

I have a 3 1/2 yr old step daughter. I have some woman issues so I don’t get that monthly trigger. But the hubby said today, “Hunny, I think you have baby fever.” I’ve been watching all the prego shows and imagining how it would be. And my bed life has quadrupaled! Honestly, Though my situation is a little different I know I have it.

January 4, 2011 at 10:28 am (5 years ago)

And knowing is half the battle. :-)

21. Erin
    August 27, 2011 at 9:43 pm (4 years ago)

I have serious baby fever! it seems like every woman around is getting pregnant. I’m kids will be 3 in Dec. and Im constantly daydreaming about having a “summer” baby!!!

August 29, 2011 at 9:00 am (4 years ago)

Summer babies are the best. You don’t have to worry about bundling them up all the time.

22. Mary
    September 16, 2011 at 10:38 am (4 years ago)

My son is 17 months old and I have been a single parent since I was 4 months pg. My boyfriend of 15 months and best friend of 3 years has stepped in and played a good roll for my son. He has an 8 year old daughter that lives out of state and we are currently trying to get our financial situation set in order to get married and start a family. I recently have got baby fever! Now if anyone knows me I was POSITIVE about NOT having anymore EVER! (Bitter from the first time around…) Plus I am a worry wort anyway. I am currently very avid in my schooling and career and I try to keep into perspective that another child is not what is right for us right now. HOWEVER my sisters and I are 10,8 and 6 years apart and my little brother is 7 years younger than me and I hated it and still am not too fond of the age differences. I didnt want my children to feel the way I did… I mean everyone is different but I just know with having 5 children in my immediate family I had never felt so alone. I am hoping that if I am pg toward the end of next year (we are planning on getting married next September) that my son and his sibling will not be too far apart (approx. 3.5 years) Then again I may not want another one because once again schooling and career. AAARgh….

23. mariah
    December 20, 2011 at 11:27 pm (4 years ago)

ug ive had it since i had baby #1 10 months ago im trying to wait to have them be 2 yrs apart i have the date in the count down and i still have 6 more months ug im hoping i can wait esp with the winter before us i know if i just say lest try now ill be prego sooner than i want :(

24. KC
    May 26, 2013 at 11:57 pm (3 years ago)

I haven’t had my first baby yet, we want to but my husband and I are trying to pay off and cancel/cut up our credit cards, and we’re waiting for him to get out of the military.

There’s a commercial on the radio for a maternity fair that always makes me burst into tears. X_X

My husband would have one asap if it were up to him. It’s pretty sad that I have to be the responsible one when I’m so much more emotional about it! XD

June 11, 2013 at 10:38 am (3 years ago)

Sounds like you’re doing it the smart way! Don’t worry, you’ve got time. While you’ll never be fully “ready,” it’s probably better to wait until you’ve got your hubby home with you. Stay strong!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Top Ten Signs You Have Baby Fever.

1. Oh Baby! | says: