I’m now on Day 6 of my doctor-ordered vegetative state, and it’s starting to get to me a little bit. In fact, if I let myself, I could spiral down into some serious down-in-the-dumps-iness pretty easily. So I thought I’d post a list of some of the things that are making me smile right now.
- The nursery taking shape upstairs. My husband’s been painting away up there, and it’s looking pretty awesome if I don’t say so myself. It’s yellow, turquoise and green, with a great big sun on one wall and daisies blooming around the closet. It’s a happy room if there ever was one—and there’s love in every brushstroke.
- The baby kicking in my belly. Okay, so that kind of goes without saying, but with all the trouble she’s given me this week, it bears repeating. I especially love the way she kicks me hello when I wake up in the morning—and how she seems to love ice cream as much as I do.
- The snow outside. I’m a Michigan girl at heart, and as much as I hate to admit it, I really do miss the blanket of white that covers the ground there in the winter. So when I woke up to a foot of snow yesterday, it was all I could do to keep myself from running outside to play like a five-year-old kid. I did get outside fairly quickly—but not until I could come up with a good excuse.
- My furry critters. Quite frankly, I don’t know how I’d cope with all this alone time if it wasn’t for the furred crew. It seems I’ve always got at least one curled up by my side, sometimes all three. They make me feel a little less lonely…
- Peanut butter. I think I could eat it three meals a day right now. Is there anything better? I doubt it. They should invent a peanut butter-flavored drink. What? I’d buy it!
- Thoughts of the tropical vacation I’d like to take. Palm trees, white sand, hot sun and the salty ocean air…ahhh, paradise. I’ll get back there someday—hopefully sooner rather than later. Surely you’re never too young to appreciate a beach vacation?
Do me a favor. Don’t answer that.